I am Sebastian, an Android Engineer based in Berlin.
Hello! I'm Sebastian, a software engineer with experience in smaller and larger Android projects. Also experienced with creating games for other systems, applications for PCs and Web development. For more details, see Things I can do and Recent work.
Master thesis: Hand/object interaction in VR (2019)
In the scope of a multisensory experiment
Development of a virtual experiment setup in Unity, which was used to explore the role of haptic stimulation in Virtual Reality. The implementation features self developed gesture algorithms surrounding the used datagloves to detect if the participant is grabbing, throwing, pushing or placing objects (single handed and two handed). Based on the interactions in the VR, various types of haptic feedback is provided through the datagloves.
Periphery was provided by the VR lab of Max Planck Institute for Human development in Berlin and Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences in Leipzig
Fill the 4x4 grid with the same kind of tiles to win the game.
Create combinations of tiles to score whilst trying to reach the goal. Combinations consist of 4 tiles with colors and suits each. The better the combination, the higher your score. But watch out, you have to reach the next stage before you run out of moves!
The game includes the Google Play Services with scoreboards to compete against friends and the all-time scores. It also enables players to unlock various achievements.
The free version runs three different kind of ads, implemented with Google AdMob: A banner ad, an interstitial ad after the game and a video ad to gain coins.
If a player gets tired of these, I also included In-App-Purchases with the Google In-App-Billing API (not using any third-party-libraries). By that, a player is able to buy the game and to unlock all themes, if he's to lazy to play for them.
For crash-reporting, user evaluation and marketing I also implemented Google's Firebase services.
For more technical details, feel free to look through the App's source code.
A demo project for the Android platform. Created in Unity3D with Google Cardboard support.
I created this game and application as a part of my bachelor thesis. It is used to show different concepts of multiplayer interactions between a VR-device and a common smartphone- or tablet-device. It includes a small Zombie-shooter and a panorama-view.
There's a link to some more screenshots below, to which it is referred to in the Features:
The two devices connect via Bluetooth. One is used in a Google Cardboard, which is called VR-device (VRD) from here on. To the second normal Smartphone it is referred to as Second-Screen-device (SSD).
Clone: The SSD sees the same as the VRD, but without the stereoskopic view.
God mode: The SSD is able to spawn zombies around the VRD (2D I/O vs 3D I/O).
Coop: The SSD and VRD fight together against zombies (two different I/Os with the same goal).
Panorama: The SSD can show the VRD positions in a 360°-Panorama and/or watch it together.
and many more...
The (german) thesis for further infos and features is available below.
This is a small selection of UX i made at Timekeeper. It should be noted that these (fully functioning) Activities have been created, when Material design was just approaching and there was no full support by Google at that time.
DayZ database manager (2013)
I hosted a server for the DayZ-game back in 2013. Because there were no tools to manage the database of the game-server, I started to develop my own in Java. In the end I've got a lightweight database-manager with a clean User-Interface.
DayZdbManager is a simple Java-Application, developed with a Swing-GUI. It connects to a standard MySQL-server, which holds player data as JSON-objects.
Sony didn't allow any Third-Party-Applications on their mobile gaming platform. However, some people developed own open operating systems for which the applications where called Homebrews. One created a Lua-Player-Homebrew, which allowed me to build a puzzle game, written in Lua script.
This was my very first bigger project in which I was challenged with the system's limitations: A 222MHz Processor and 32MB RAM. In the end, I got a popular puzzle game with online-highscores and even different supported game-themes. Watch a video of the game below - produced by the dashhacks-website.